From the Mangapurua Landing catch the Bridge to Nowhere jet boat. You and your bikes will be transported down to the Bridge to Nowhere Lodge where you can take a well deserved hot shower, followed by a hearty meal. This is the only accommodation of its kind inside the Whanganui River National Park and is a licensed, privately owned operation.
The next morning you can choose to jet boat back to Pipiriki or paddle down the river in a canoe. The later takes about 3 - 4 hours from the Lodge depending on how you decide to pace your journey and is classed as easy. Which ever option you choose your bikes are jet boated out.
If there is one trip you should do, then this is it!
The Bridge to Nowhere tour operators are a family run operation offering you and your group a friendly relaxed trip. We’ve developed a two day package so that all your transportation and accommodation needs are looked after. Alternatively we are able to offer you a transport only option for those wanting to complete the adventure as a day-trip.
• 1 x full dinner/bed and breakfast/accommodation at Bridge to Nowhere Lodge.
• Jet boat transfers from Mangapurua/Bridge to Nowhere River landing down to Bridge to Nowhere Lodge and to Pipiriki the following day.
• Transportation of bikes to Pipiriki.
• Transfer to Raetihi Holiday Park from Pipiriki
• Transportation of overnight bag to Bridge to Nowhere Lodge.
• Map supplied.
• 1 x night cabin accommodation at Raetihi Holiday Park.
• Bedding for cabin at Raetihi Holiday Park $5.00 per person
• Transfer from Raetihi Holiday Park to start of track $35.00 per person
• Canoe hire from Bridge to Nowhere Lodge to Pipiriki $50.00 person.
Transport only – for one day trippers $135.00 per person. Minimum numbers apply. Call us for details.
• Pick up from accommodation in Ohakune, Raetihi, and National Park to the start of the track.
• Jet boat transfers from Mangapurua/Bridge to Nowhere River landing down to Bridge to Nowhere Lodge and to Pipiriki.
• Transfer from Pipiriki back to accommodation.
Bridge to Nowhere
Phone: (06) 385 4622
Toll Free 0800 480 308
For other books on other great mountain bike rides visit: www.kennett.co.nz
Our tours to the Bridge to Nowhere run daily
Unique Whanganui River Wilderness Accommodation
Combine Canoeing with other activities
Mountain Biking from the "Mountains to Sea"
Tramping, Hiking bush and farm walks